30 June 2014

Top Ten Tuesday #16


This week is a topic I have been dreading because I haven't read many classic books. I nearly skipped it until I made a list of all the 'classic' books I'd started to read but never finished. 
I have finished a couple of classic books, but mostly Shakespeare or school reading like To Kill a Mockingbird.
Don't hold it against me, as some of these were really exciting and I loved them, but I petered out or lost my place or started a new book or got busy or or or.. Just a load of excuses!





The Great Gatsby | 1984


Lord of the Flies | Frankenstein


Dracula | The Picture of Dorian Gray


The Diary of a Young Girl | Oliver Twist


The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde
Through The Looking Glass and What Alice Found There

Can't wait to read your lists!
Happy Tuesday!

3 comments:

  1. I'm the same I have little commitment to finishing classics because the language tends to be all kinds of awkward to read. I did manage to finish Lord of the Flies (we read it at school, I hated it). I've also finished The Great Gatsby, but that's more because it was short I think, and Alice in Wonderland is a great book, I would encourage you to finish it, you know, one day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't tend to read a lot of classics. I did really enjoy The Lord of The Flies though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was not a fan of Lord of the Flies personally, so I wouldn't recommend trying that one again. While it's not a favourite classic of mine, I didn't mind Frankenstein all that much – it raises some thought-provoking issues/themes.

    ReplyDelete