3 June 2014

Top Ten Tuesday #12


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the Broke and the Bookish. Every week we make a list of bookish things. This week, we're exploring what books we'd put in our beach bags or take on holiday with us. I've made two top five lists:

Everything Leads to You - Nina LaCour
GR
To All The Boys I've Loved Before - Jenny Han
GR
We Were Liars - E. Lockhart
GR
Since You've Been Gone - Morgan Matson
GR
City of Heavenly Fire - Cassandra Clare
GR
These are all the books that have been getting a lot of hype that I most likely will not be reading any time soon. Yes, CoHF is on the list, because I won't be bringing myself to read the book before it any time soon. 
Maybe I'll read them at a later date, but some of them don't appeal to me AT ALL.



I want and need to catch up with all the books I haven't read yet, so this summer I'm going to be catching up with these books, instead of that girly contemporary stuff that I cannot even atm.

Cinder - Marissa Meyer
GR
Prodigy - Marie Lu
GR
The Spook's Curse - Joseph Delaney
GR
Blacksad Juan Díaz CanalesJuanjo Guarnido
GR
The First Fifteen Lives of Harry August - Claire North
GR
I am so behind on all these great series and I just want to immerse myself in the fantasy/dystopian/magic/weirdness before I get into all the contemporary that is becoming the 'Next Big Trend' in YA fiction.
I mean, some of it is great - but I read to get away from contemporary life!
/rant

If anyone has any great suggestions for me to read over the summer they will be greatly appreciated.

Ciao!

8 comments:

  1. I love how you set your list out. I have to admit to reading a loving To All The Boys and We Were Liars and that I am also looking forward to Since You've Been Gone. I recently read Cinder and really enjoyed that one. I hope you get to all the ones you want to read, mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm working on First Fifteen Lives right now and am not thrilled yet, but I heard it picks up a lot further in the book. I don't know what Blacksad is, but it looks epic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you love Cinder! Each book in that series gets better and better I tell you. Cress was oh so good!

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list, Aimee. As I'm sure you can imagine my beautiful copy of CoHF is on my list too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've had Cinder on my shelf for too long - I think I should give it a go this summer too. I read and enjoyed Legend so should probably get to Prodigy also!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm currently reading Cinder and it's amazing! I need to start reading Legend I hear it's a really great novel. As for the girly reads, I like your picks. COFH is on my top ten too. I also really want to read Everything Leads To You
    http://perksofbeingreaders.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome picks! Everything Leads to You sounds so amazing. I can't wait to finally read it when I can! Since You've Been Gone sounds so amazing as well. (:
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  8. that's a nicely stocked beach bag. enjoy your summer reading. kelley—the road goes ever ever on

    ReplyDelete