13 May 2014

Top Ten Tuesday #10



This is like a game show every week!
Hello and welcome to this weeks edition of Top Ten Tuesday! Hosted by The Broke and The Bookish, Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme that requires us to list, would you have thought, ten books that relate to the weekly topic. This week we're looking at books we almost put down, but didn't.
Now, I don't usually put books down, but there are some that I just had to force myself to read.



A Wizard of Earthsea - Ursula K. Le Guin
I read this when I was quite young, and I got really bored because the fantasy element was very different than what I was used to. I did really like this book when I got around to finishing it, though! [goodreads]

The Fellowship of the Ring - J.R.R. Tolkien
I skipped some chapters, sorry! Great story though. [goodreads]

World After - Susan Ee
It just got a bit boring, but I pushed through and the second half was awesome. [goodreads]

Brisingr - Christopher Paolini
Oh, these books were SO SO LONG. I really gave up there for a bit. [goodreads]

Gone - Michael Grant
I started reading on holiday and kinda fizzled out after we got back. [goodreads]
The Final Empire - Brandon Sanderson
Again, holiday read that fizzled. [goodreads]

City of Fallen Angels - Cassandra Clare
This was just one of the worst books to keep motivated with!! [goodreads]

The Golem's Eye - Jonathan Stroud
I put this book down for a couple of months, but I liked this series quite a lot. Yeah, I haven't read any more of the series.. [goodreads]

Beautiful Chaos - Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl
I don't even know if I've finished this book. URGH. I do not want to read this series any more. [goodreads]

A Feast for Crows - George R.R. Martin
Sometimes you gotta push through for a great payoff. [goodreads]




Hope everyone's having a great day, can't wait to see all your lists!

6 comments:

  1. I'm not much of one for very-long books either. I typically just read book one and stop.

    Here's my list of Books I Almost Put Down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almost gave up on CoFA but I really liked the series so I pushed through it! Aw, I am so glad that you found the latter of World After awesome! Yay for that! But we seriously need more Raffe & Penryn moments *begs*
    And oh I see you reading Legend *screams internally* fave series of all time T_T Hope you enjoy it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm guilty of never making it through The Lord of the Rings books. I like the stories but Tolkien and I just don't seem to get along.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm too intimidated by the size of the Game of Throne books to start them! They'd take me so long!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're killing me with World After-I thought that book was fantastic, probably the best one I've read so far in 2014. Glad you ended up liking the second half :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did put down LOTR, I've tries many times and just can't

    ReplyDelete