I was so honored when Cristina nominated me for the Liebster Award a few weeks ago.
This is my very first award, and it felt like really good luck that it coincided with my first year blogoversary (also my first giveaway).
All the firsts!
This award is usually given to those who have less than 300 followers. You get to know a bit more about the person who received the award, and also get to discover some new blogs from the people tagged for the award.
I have been slacking a bit this month, because I have been reading a lot more and finding time to write is becoming a bit... tricky? But, as I said, reading a lot more for a bit more content!
- List 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions asked by whoever nominated you.
- Ask 11 new questions to 9 bloggers with less than 300 followers.
- You cannot re-nominate the blog that nominated you.
- Go to their blog and tell them that they have been nominated!
- I really like astronomy. I got to see the Lyrids the other week and it was awesome. One of my favourite memories from University (I kid you not) is of lying down outside with my boyfriend and watching the Geminids in the middle of the night.
Also, I find it really frustrating when I talk to people about the stars and they don't know the popularly known constellations - Orion, Ursa Major/Big Dipper, fucking Mars and Saturn. The NORTH STAR. Betelgeuse. I need a telescope!
- I have a cat named Gwyn, who is ten. She likes to sleep at the end of the bed and enjoys eating my chilli and taking naps on my shins.
- I currently work in a bookies (they don't have them in America apparently?) but I really would like to teach - I volunteer in an alt-education place less frequently than I would like.
- My favourite animals are Red Pandas and Tapirs. That's what I love looking at in the zoo. Also, I love zoos.
- I chose my University because I thought it looked like Hogwarts.
- I have a lip piercing, but I really don't like wearing jewelry.
- I have an attention problem - I can only focus on one thing at a time.
I eat my food one item at a time (carrots, then brocolli, then meat usw.)
- I frequently switch from English to German in my head, even though I am terrible at the grammar.
See above, where I used "usw." instead of saying "and so forth", I just think it's cooler!
- I think I have trichotillomania, because I tug at my eyelashes and eyebrows a lot. I haven't been diagnosed, but it is something I do when I'm stressed/it's a comforting action. I don't have many eyelashes.
- I am currently saving up to work abroad next year. Toronto is the destination, so if anyone is a local, hit me up!
- I run really hot, which is a problem in the summer because I can't sleep! This year I'm going to use an icepack on my feet and see if that helps!
So, there you go. Some really awful facts about myself.
- Who is your favorite book villain/antagonist?
I found the Draug in the Morganville series to be genuinely terrifying. Not only did Magnus (spoiler) KILL THE MAIN CHARACTER, but he was almost impossible to defeat. They had to have a whole book dedicated to bringing Clare back to life to kill him. It was a terribly worrisome time for me.
- What are your thoughts on e-books vs. physical books?
Okay, so my living situation greatly influences my stance on e-books vs real books. I have no problem with either. I currently chose to own e-books, because I live in a one bedroom house with another person and negative storage space. Seriously, I had to downsize my wardrobe by THREE QUARTERS when I moved in. Now I just live in my work clothes and PJs. I have a bookcase which is full to bursting, and an ottoman which is chocka as well. I love that e-books take up no space, however, after we have finished travelling next year, I do intend on buying physical copies of all the books I have read as a sort of medieval pride thing.
(I'm sure a better person would say they prefer e-books because they are better for the environment, but that just ain't me, sista!)
- What’s the last book you read that gave you a “book hangover” (such that you couldn’t stop thinking about it for days)?
I have to say Eleanor & Park because I cried for three days afterwards (even at work) and found it very draining to write the review. Which was glowing. Because that book is like perf.
- What’s the book you enjoyed most that you were forced to read in school? The least?
I can only remember being forced to read two books at school and one was about a homeless man and the other was To Kill a Mockingbird, and they were both great. My teacher was fantastic, though..
- What is your book guilty pleasure? What book(s) do you enjoy that tend to get a negative reputation or that others tend to critique?
I don't have a "guilty pleasure" for reading. The only thing that I love that everyone else seems to hate is audiobooks, but they help me sleep!
- What Harry Potter house do you identify with? (Or, if you prefer, which Divergent faction?)
I would be in Amity, I just want to be happy. Ravenclaw is my Hogwarts house, I like the colours. Also, they are smart.
- What’s your favorite aspect of blogging?
My favourite aspect of blogging is the comments. When people respond to something I've written, it's the best buzz. That's why I like to comment as much as I can when I read someone else's blog posts. The biggest downside to that is not knowing if someone has commented back, am I missing a trick here?
- Do you have a quirky reading habit? If so, what is it?
I don't know about quirky, but my worst reading habit is crumbling my mascara off (nervous habit) and then getting it all over the pages of my books!
- Who is your book OTP?
Baz and Simonummm.. Wren and Cathno... Probably Jon Snow and Dany. I would love to see that.
- Who is the book character you most identify with?
I probably most identify with Sansa. She's quite naive, but made strong by isolation. And she's not quite sure of what's going on most of the time.
- If you had to spontaneously move to another country, which would it be?
Canada, without a doubt.
I would like to ask the following people:
My Questions for you:
- How do you feel about e-books?
- What is your favourite genre and why?
- Why did you start blogging?
- What is something weird that you do whilst reading?
- Who is your favourite background/support character?
- What is one book that you really hated but everyone else seemed to love?
- What is your fandom of choice?
- Other than reading, what is your passion?
- What (canon) OTP would you change? (Harry/Ginny, Ron/Hermy, Tris/Four etc)
- What book series really needs a TV/movie adaption?
- What was the last book you read, and why should we read it?
Can't wait to hear your answers!
Don't forget that my giveaway is running until the 14th of May, and the winner will get a copy of the new Mortal Instruments book, City of Heavenly Fire.
Thank you again to Cristina, and I hope everyone has a great bank holiday Monday!
I'm in work 9.30 until 6.30 :(