8 April 2014

Top Ten Tuesday #5


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the Broke and the Bookish.
This week, we're making our list of the top ten most unique books we've ever read.
I am having the busiest week of my life, so sorry it was a late post and also a short one. I am utterly shattered. On the plus side, I really want to be a real teacher.


  1. Push by Sapphire
    Again I mention this book! I thought it was very unique as I have read nothing since that was a fictional autobiography. Let alone a fictional biography featuring child abuse and incest as some of its main themes.
  2. Morganville series by Rachel Caine
    Yes, vampires, but I've never read anything where the humans and vampires live in a self sustaining kind of society (aka, a blood farm).
  3. Lord Of The Rings series by J. R. R. Tolkien
    First High Fantasy I ever read, so much stuff uses similar stylistic approaches. Also, I feel like this was probably the first fantasy story to create it's own language. Utterly incomparable to anything, though many to it.
  4. Harry Potter series by J. K. Rowling
    There are a hell of a lot of books which are set in boarding schools, but I think this book series should be commended for its absolute skyrocketing of popularity. Most popular series ever.
  5. Maze Runner by James Dashner
    This was such a weird book to read, and although it has mutterings of Lord of the Flies, the story was so unique.. I can't decide if I liked it or not!
  6. The Fault In Our Stars by John Green
    An upbeat, YA book about cancer? Nope, never heard of one either.
  7. Jurassic Park by Michael Crichton
    Dinosaur theme park in real life/modern times? Nope, never heard of one either.
  8. Beauty by Robin McKinley
    Definitely not the first fairytale retelling, but my first. Loved it, made me really enjoy this type of story and I think maybe got me into fanfic?
  9. ACID - Emma Pass
    This was a unique book. I don't often read dystopian books about the UK and haven't come across any urban dystopian books. Also, the way it was set out was unique (six separate but connecting parts).

Sorry that I could only think of nine, but I am soooo tired right now. Literally forced myself to stay awake and type this. Sorry.

Hope to read everyone else's posts tomorrow!
Byeeeee




1 comment:

  1. Great list :) Harry Potter made my list too, all those books are amazing and it's definitely one of the most unique series I have read. My TTT.

    ReplyDelete