2 April 2014

The Chocolate Book Tag

The Chocolate Book Tag

Although I wasn't tagged for this, I saw it on Jack Croxall's blog and decided to give it a go!
So, what I'm going to do is match a book to the chocolate, and tag some lovely bloggers to do the same thing. I hope you enjoy it as it is simply a fun tag. Even if I don't tag you, feel free to join in and leave a link in the comments so I can read it!!

Dark Chocolate - a book that covers a dark topic.

I found this the hardest chocolate to match, because I don't usually read books with genuinely dark and upsetting storylines (I mean, like non-fiction. Most of the fiction can be quite dark.)
Push by Sapphire is one of the most believable fiction books I have ever read. I felt and still feel disgusted and scared and worried for Precious.
It just popped into my head the other day, and I would like to reread it soon. Dark though.


White Chocolate - your favourite lighthearted/humorous read.


Okay, so, maybe not completely humorous...
The Fault in Our Stars is amazing though. I think that this book made me laugh the most in the last year! And completely my sense of humour too. John Green convert, right here!
I think for the subject matter (CANCER and DEATH) it is quite lighthearted. Like, Green doesn't focus on the negative, just the positive events that happen in Hazel Grace's life (for the most part). And also the back and forth between her and Augustus is spot on. Love it.


Milk Chocolate - a book with a lot of hype that you're dying to read.

It has to be the Maze Runner.
Well, I was dying to read it so much that I'm already a quarter of the way through. Really exciting and confusing and intriguing book.
Lots of hype.
Movie coming out soon, so more hype.
Kept confusing it with the Kite Runner which is why I haven't read it sooner.
Had a lot of things going on today or I would have read it all day and probably finished it tonight.


Chocolate with a caramel centre - a book that makes you feel all gooey in the middle while you read it.

Eleanor and Park is it for me. It was sad, yep, but nothing better than a Rainbow Rowell book to make you feel warm and gooey on the inside. I fell in love with Park.
I don't usually like romance, but I really make an exception for this book. I told everyone about it even before I'd finished reading it.
Mmmmm.




Wafer-free KitKat - a book that has surprised you lately.

I wasn't expecting Angelfall to be as good as it was. I mean, I knew to expect dystopia (which I love) and also angels (which are hit and miss with me), but it was a surprising combination. The main character really blew the lid off the whole thing. Some things are easy to predict, but in the second half of the book, the story takes this right turn where you are expecting a left. And then it just keeps going and you're on this out of control rollercoaster of a story which ends quite abruptly. Just, completely didn't know what was going to happen next and I loved it.
Well done, Susan Ee, well done.


Snickers - a book you are going nuts about.

I didn't know whether to put 5th Wave in Snickers or Kitkat, because it is definitely both. It's got a lot of hype, and everyone's been loving it. I didn't expect to be as excited about it as I was.
And then at the end, I found out it's a series and so I am kinda going nuts about the sequel.
Rick Yancey started me off on this whole Sci-fi/dystopian March thing that I really need to get myself out of because I will go insane soon.



Hot Chocolate with cream and marshmallows - a book that you would turn to for a comfort read.

Across the Nightingale Floor by Lian Hearn.
It's my favourite book. I have read it so many times and I will continue reading it because it's so... great.
I love that there is a strong female character, a supernatural element, Japan, references to a hidden religion that I only worked out was Christianity on my second go round. Even though his name is Tomasu. Well, it used to be. I like the names, I like that the characters are young and artistic, and that although bad things happen to them, they do not ultimately become bad people.
I do not like that no one will read this book, despite me raving and ranting about it for years!

I'm gonna tag:

Looking forward to reading your chocolate books! 


No comments:

Post a Comment