27 February 2014

My Adaption Wishlist

Okay, so this is thrown about a lot with book bloggers: adaptions.

I saw that Casey @StoryNotions made a list of her top five books she would like to see adapted onto the big screen, so I have made my own.
I am also going to include one film that should be remade.


  1. Naughts and Crosses by Mallory Blackman.
    This is such a thought provoking story, and although it might take some heat from people that just don't get it, it would be an amazing film. Also, I want to re-read this before the year is out.
  2. Cirque Du Freak by Darren Shan.
    Yep, already been made. Yep, awful. Remade as an actual horror film with a serious tone, it would be amazing. After all, that's what it was supposed to be, right? Kids love horror. When I was growing up, that's all we used to watch at sleepovers. Bootleg copies of the latest horror films, or sending dad to Blockbusters to get something terrifying.
  3. Across The Nightingale Floor by Lian Hearn.
    I'm sorry that I always bring this series up, but it is honestly one of my all time favourite book series. I think that it could be very beautiful as a film, very artsy. I know there is a lot of violence, but that doesn't mean it has to be gory.
  4. Pretties by Scott Westerfeld.
    If dystopian wasn't done to death, this film would make a lot of money. Then again, who's to say it wouldn't anyway? A lot of people read and loved this book, and a lot more would love the message that it sends about inner beauty. Begs the question, why hasn't it already been made?
  5. The Morganville Vampires series by Rachel Caine.
    I would love this to be made into a TV series and I really hope they backdoor pilot it through the next series of True Blood, which has been set up to be Morganville in Louisiana instead of Texas. 

My choices are so vanilla, but if you haven't heard of any of these books, definitely look them up! They are probably the five books that sum up what I'm interested in reading:
Thought provoking, childrens horror, Japanese fiction, dystopia, and urban fantasy.
Sums up my collection pretty well, actually!


No comments:

Post a Comment