28 February 2014

Anime

src (me!)
Kill La Kill (2013)

First impression: L O V E D the artwork. I don't even know how to describe it, but it was a visual delight.

Second impression: Oh, my Gods. These people are talking so fast in Japanese that I can't follow the subs and be engrossed by the amazing artwork at the same time. Okay, okay, read fast and then follow the pictures.

This is such a visually stimulating anime. I'm so used to older anime like One Piece and Naruto, which are also for younger audiences, that it's a nice change to watch a recently released series.

I've only watched the first episode so far, but I am intrigued enough to watch the rest.

The basic story, as I understand it, is that Matoi Ryuuko is a transfer student who is trying to work out who killed her father. She's been to a lot of other schools in the area and started lots of fights, but she knows she's in the right place now. Also, the head of the student council kinda gave it away. 
She just wants vengeance for the murder of her father, though. That's the central plot.
At the school, they have special uniforms that give the students superpowers when they wear them, so Ryuko takes a beating when she challenges Satsuki (head of the student council). After sloping off, she discovers a sentient suit of her fathers making that seems to just want to eat her blood and barely cover her nipples.
The suit forces itself onto Ryuuko and she goes back for round two. Which she wins with the help of the suit.


Very excited for episode two.
I just want to know more about the characters! Ryuuko is obviously a bit of a loner, but her new 'bestie' is so outgoing, I don't know how she couldn't love her.
The pacing seems quite fast, but I'm sure I'll keep up. Actually, that's one of the things I like most about it - the speed. No point in sugar coating it, a lot of anime is slow moving and full of filler. This is just straight to the point.
I might try and sneak another episode in before bed..



No comments:

Post a Comment