19 January 2014

Book Something

I Am Number Four - Pittacus Lore
src




Published: August 1, 2010
Penguin
374 pages
ISBN13: 9780141330860
Book 1
YA Sci-fi






I did originally get really into this book, but as the story went on I got less invested. I felt like I'd read it before, which I haven't, but also somehow I got it into my head that it was written in 2004?
I think good effort, but I'm unlikely to finish this series straight away. I didn't even finish the 'bonus chapters' at the end of it.

I went on a bit of a library spree the other day, which is how I got my hands on the book. I just thought, I might as well read it as fast as I can because I don't have it for long. It was just a bit too long for what the payoff was. Especially when John didn't really have much to do with the final battle.
I did like the characters and the narrative was solid, I just felt out of place in the world. That's on me, though.
I've seen the film before, and I was much more disappointed with that than I was the book, so that's something, right?

I might watch the film later today and see how it goes.

I was meant to read loads this week, because I've been off, but I've just lazed around and done other stuff!
My IKEA part finally came, so now I have a complete set of bedroom furniture (minus the bed).
I stayed at my friend Jen's house in the country. We took a long drive to Manchester (she had an internship interview) and discussed all the books and TV we could think of.
I've had a job interview. I tanked it. There is another job I'm waiting on that I desperately want. Interview next week!

On the suggestion of my boyfriend, I have started reading Transmetropolitan, but I'm conflicted about it at the minute. I'm only on the second issue/chapter/whatever you want to call it, so I'll give it until the fifth and decide what to do.
If you're thinking of reading it, definitely do. Just know it's super violent, quite crass and completely NSFW.

src
I might join a graphic novel reading challenge this year, as I have two packed shelves full and no one reads them in my house. Transmetropolitan is actually the second graphic novel I've read this year, the first being The Cat Returns. I'm not doing too badly on my reading challenge this year. Already read two books, very close to finishing Beautiful Darkness and Transmetropolitan shouldn't take too long to finish!



No comments:

Post a Comment