15 August 2013

Book Prediction Jar

I wrote this months ago (17 June) but didn't want to post it until I started a book that I knew absolutely nothing about. Tomorrow, I start City of Bones, and I have genuinely starved myself of information just so that I can do this prediction thing with it. I don't even know the plot of the film, I just know it's coming out!
I decided to do this after I read a book that I guessed the ending within a couple of chapters. I don't think it was the authors fault, but certakn genres fall into the same patterns and the stories seem similar after a while. I like it when a story surprises me.
So, here we go!


I'm going to write down predictions for a story on pieces of paper, put them in a jar and when I've finished the book, I can use the predictions in the review.
Obviously there need to be some rules.
  • A prediction can only be made between 10% and 40% of the book. This way, you know all the characters and conflict, but haven't progressed too far.
  • Predictions can be obvious, for example, "_ and _ will fall in love", but cannot be informed. If you have heard or read anything about the book, you cannot make a prediction about this event or action.
  • No spoilers please!
If you want to join in that would be really cool. Link me in the comments as I'd love to check it out!


No comments:

Post a Comment