26 June 2013

Audiobook and Update

A Game of Thrones - George R.R. Martin


I've finally finished this book after months and months. I feel bad that I'm not well into the book, but I know pretty much the entire storyline so I'm not that fussed about rushing through it, especially since it's gonna take ages for the next two books to come out!
It took me almost two months, listening to a chapter or two a night. I think there are something like 70 chapters. That's not bad, really, I did want to actually read the book to make sure I remembered all the characters and allegiances, but I'm sure I will do just as well listening... Even if I don't, that's what awoiaf is for!
#lazyreader

Anyway, I have started A Clash of Kings, which I am slightly more invested in. Probably because I haven't already read it and seen the TV series 400 times! I love Dany and don't think she's in this one as much? I don't know, I've not read it, but I hope that is a lie because she is my favourite!
I got a bit confused last night because I watched the White Queen on the BBC and then was listening to this. They are and aren't similar, if you know what I mean. The war aspect is same but the world is different. It's based on the Philippa Gregory book of the same name, which I have tried to read, but I wasn't in the mood for. Anyway, it all ends in disaster, thanks bloody British history. I love the costumes though! They're so pretty. I need some more period drama in my life, where is Downton?!





In other news, a quick update.
I have been watching a hell of a lot of television to take my mind off things but I think I'm ready to rejoin the world now!
I watched a hell of a lot of films, quite a few were book adaptions but I can't remember what I watched.
I watched the entire first series of Clarissa Explains It All, and I've watched all my regular series that are out in America. I started to rewatch Supernatural but hated the first two series. I've skipped to series three.

This week it is my week off. I don't feel like I deserve it and it's gone really fast so far.
Good news, I'm going home to Bristol tomorrow! Getting quite an early train so I can be there for lunch (and buy a burrito for lunch) and so I can fit in everything. It's going to be a busy couple of days, but it'll be worth it! Need some family time.
Going to get some new clothes as well as we don't have the same shops in North Wales! No Primark -torture!

Hope everyone's alright! What have you been up to the past few weeks?


No comments:

Post a Comment