31 May 2013

Booking Through Thursday

I'm going to start doing some book-blogging meme's I think, starting with this one!
Booking Through Thursday is a weekly meme, the questions can be found by clicking on the button below.


So, here's the question!

I want you to think about your ideal reading experience. Think about the location. (Your bed? Favorite chair? The beach? Indoors or outdoors?). Think about the sounds. (Is there music playing? Happy children playing in the background? Utter silence?) Is there a snack or beverage nearby? Are you alone or with friends/family (presumably being quiet enough for you to read in peace)? What kind of lighting is there? Are you dressed in something ultra-comfy? What’s your position? Curled up? Stretched out?
Now … describe it so that we can all feel exactly how perfect it is … and why.

I would be outside. It is about 27 degrees Celsius and there is a very light breeze.
I would be floating in a swimming pool. There are no children in the area, so it's nice and quiet. Like when you put your head underwater and you can almost hear, but not quite. Ideally, my book would not be able to get wet, but that's ridiculous, so instead I'm floating with my arms holding me up on the side. The book/my Kindle is dry.
I change position every now and again, from hanging down to floating on the surface.
The sun is warming me, but not burning me. I am not squinting. There is an ice-cold glass of Coke within reach. It has a slice of lime in it.
I am completely alone.
The book is amazing.

I do this when I'm on holiday, except I'm never alone and there are always screaming children. One day, I will remember to pack earplugs so I can pretend I am alone.
It is honestly my favourite way to read - I'm weightless and warm without being too hot.
If you have a holiday coming up, I would really suggest doing this. Even just for ten minutes.
It makes me feel like Percy Jackson.

Can't wait til next week for another question! I'm going to try to keep doing meme's as I'm back at work again now and I don't have as much reading time.
I hope you enjoyed this, check out Yvonne's blog where I first saw this activity!

aimes.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds quite interesting. This is not something I've thought of. Do you mean you use a pool float? How do you get on the float in the water without getting the book wet?

    I love in a park so there are usually neighborhood children.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's quite a hard concept to describe.
      This picture is a good start, minus a book. So, just resting on the edge with a book. Obviously make sure there aren't any kids splashing around! Haha. x

      Delete